Adopt a Senior Cat!
Senior cats are often overlooked by potential adopters who think that rescuing a senior animal means dealing with more health issues, more medical bills, and more stress on their time.
But in reality, adopting an older cat can be very rewarding! On select Sundays in July and August, all of our Senior cats age 10+ will have their adoption fees waived! Visit the SPCA on July 24th & 31st and August 7th & 14th to meet our eligible cats or email email@example.com for more information.
Five Reasons You Should Adopt a Senior Cat:
- They are usually very well trained, and they’ve already had their “wild” phase — meaning they’ll be less likely to run away or get into trouble outside the house.
- They’re low-maintenance and won’t require as much attention as a kitten or young adult cat would when it comes to playtime, and training.
- Their personalities have already been formed, so you’ll know exactly what kind of cat you’re getting
- Indoor cats can live 15-20 years. Adopting a senior kitty means they’ll still have lots of love to give!
- You’ll be giving a cat that is often overlooked a chance at a happy life.
Adopting a senior cat is a win-win situation. An older cat’s life is just as precious as a kitten’s. By welcoming a senior cat into your life, you’ll be giving him or her the loving, caring home they deserve…and they’ll be forever grateful.